Skip to main content

Typography

Pre Production

To start this project, we had to pick ten quotes from online or ourselves. I decided to mainly do quotes that are motivating and inspirational. After that, we went on to dafont.com and started downloading different fonts that we liked. I chose a few generic fonts that could be used for the larger chunks of text that I didn't want to emphasize. Then I chose some more bold and creative fonts for some of the specific words I would be using in my designs. After I chose my fonts, I started to work on my four designs. Once I had started my designs, I ended up downloading a few other fonts that fit my current idea better. 

Production

During this project, I definitely improved my skills in illustrator. I learned how to effectively pair fonts. Also, I improved a lot with the pen tool. I was able to trace a few images to create graphics, as well as edit a few fonts. I also learned that if you add a stroke to your text, you can add some dimension or make it bolder than it normally is. When I was arranging my text, I had a fairly sequential and normal order of my words. I turned some words sideways in one of my designs, but other than that, all of my designs were either centralized or organized like a staircase. Once we started working with color in our designs, it definitely added another aspect of creativity to our designs. This was definitely interesting to me, but I still preferred just working in black and white. I liked black and white because it puts more of an emphasis on the text, rather than the icons and colors. However, I'm still glad we got to experiment with both in this project.

Post Production

As a whole, I was fairly pleased with most aspects of my designs. I really liked the fonts I chose and the way I organized my text. My designs are definitely not perfect though. I would have liked to add a few more graphics to my design. Also, I think my designs would have been better if I had added a background to all of my designs that actually played in to my overall design because all of my designs either had a white background, or just a random square of color behind the rest of my design. However, given the time I had to create all of these designs, I am fairly pleased with how my designs ended up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing Processes

We watched multiple videos about different types of printing processes. We learned about the relief process, the intaglio process, and the lithography process. Each process uses different materials and tools that help to make their designs unique. Here is a more in-depth view of each individual process: Relief Process:  Relief printing is the process of cutting away at a surface in order to create an image from the raised area. In a step by step process of this, first you can draw directly onto a linoleum block with a marker. Then, a linoleum cutter is used to cut away what you have drawn on the block. This means that whatever you have drawn will eventually be in white, while the blank space will be black. Then, ink will be applied to your linoleum block with a roller. Lastly, you can place a piece of paper on the linoleum block and apply light pressure in order to reveal your image. After letting the ink dry, this process is finished. Example of relief process . Intaglio Pr

Movie Trailer Remake

Pre-Production For this project, we were assigned a specific movie about high school, and were told to remake the trailer. My group was assigned "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" for our movie. I was pretty excited about this project to start with because I really like the movie I got, and I thought I got a good group. However, this project was certainly not an easy task, so we had a lot of work to do. We started off with all of our pre-production activities. This included story boarding, completing a beat sheet, and figuring out who to cast for each role. Our group decided to mainly cast from our own group to make scheduling a little easier. However, we still casted all of our adults, plus two of our main characters from outside our group. Before we started filming, we also figured out what we were going to do for locations, props, and costumes. Most of our group chipped in for some props or costumes, and we mainly decided the locations as a group. Once we had all of that

Semester 2 Video Production Review

Projects Movie Trailer Recreation For this project, we were put into groups and told to recreate a high school movie trailer. Our group ended up recreating the trailer for "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". This entire process took about a month to complete, and had many challenges built in to it. The main challenge we came upon was scheduling with our actors. We found it was extremely difficult to find a time that all of our actors and team members could be in the same place at the same time. Throughout the making of this video, I learned a lot about the use of microphones and sound. I learned how to operate a boom mic and also learned more about how to use your music and audio effectively. At the end of this project, we mostly received positive feedback. The main negative on our piece was that some of the music did not stay true to the actual video. So, for our re-edits, we imported some of the actual music from the video to make it more accurate. Overall, I think our gro